• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when am i employed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? az

i was at a interview today, and i got hired....got to go for physical monday, and then a background check in a week..and then clock in

i put in 10 applications this week...if i can get hired from someone eles,,,would it be okay to work for them..

are you not an employee until you clock in??????i had to sign a form there with my name on it....it was a nursing home.

i quess what i want to know, is when is it officialy you are an employee,,,when you clock in?

justalayman

i put in 10 applications this week...if i can get hired from someone eles,,,would it be okay to work for them..
do you mean to give up the other job and work for the newly offered job? Sure. It is your life.

Unless you signed a contract that binds you to the nursing home OR to the fee for the physical or background check, you are free to change jobs anytime you want. I would suggest contacting the nursing home and lettiing them know if you change your mind and decide to not work for them.

Beth3

If you're asking whether you can quit this job either prior to your first day or employment or after you start working for them, the answer is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">