• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

items in my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deseree

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
executor wants to come into my home with estate attorney and look for items he says belong to the estate, does this require a court order? and does he have to have a list or description of items he claims to belong to the estate? or can he just take what he believe is the estate... I have alot of items that my father gave me from my grandfather when he passed away in 1989 and it is mostley horse tack and supplies..Executor says all this needs to be returned to the estate because I dont have a receipt from my father stating he gave it to me...
confused....

latigo

To begin, without a turn over order out of the probate court the executor has no more right to enter upon your property and seize personal property than a common thief.

Secondly the statute of limitations in Ohio for the recover of personal property is four (4) years.*

[*] Ohio Revised Statutes Limitations of Actions Chapter 2305Section 2305.09 Four years - certain torts.

"Except as provided for in division (C) of this section, an action for any of the following causes shall be brought within four years after the cause thereof accrued:

(B) For the recovery of personal property, or for taking or detaining it;"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">