• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure of Records ---> LEGAL?!?!?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phlyx

My former employer of 13 years in Sarasota, Florida, who laid me off during cutbacks two years ago, has shunned my attempts to be re-hired even though there are three openings. I was not even invited to come in for an interview. I have heard rumors that there is a management person against me (for unknown reasons) and I am concerned that there may be something detrimental and possibly false in my record file there. Is there any way to get copies of my personnel records especially if that information is false and being disclosed to other potential employers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems Canada has full disclosure laws and I was wondering if the same exists here in Florida. -thanks in advance!

A

Attorney_Replogle

I will assume that FL law is the same as in my state of CA. That would mean that you have a right to get a copy of every document in your personnel file that you signed. For all other documents, you have a right to inspect them during normal business hours at the employer's place of business. Just what the former employer can lawfully tell other prospective employers will vary from state to state. So, do speak with a local employment law attorney near you for the latest. Try finding one via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">