• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving record in Florida ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpacheco

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I just had a job offered revoked because of my driving record after doing 2 days of orientation and already receiving my schedule etc... which is very disappointing as you can imagine. Can I be held accountable by the insurance company for this ambulance company for tickets that have all been resolved and dismissed ? The HR lady told me that the insurance companies report just had the violations with no information of a dismissal and I do not know if I can have those removed from my driving record or what other avenues I could persue at this point ? Please Help.

DannyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I just had a job offered revoked because of my driving record after doing 2 days of orientation and already receiving my schedule etc... which is very disappointing as you can imagine. Can I be held accountable by the insurance company for this ambulance company for tickets that have all been resolved and dismissed ? The HR lady told me that the insurance companies report just had the violations with no information of a dismissal and I do not know if I can have those removed from my driving record or what other avenues I could persue at this point ? Please Help.

DannyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Yes you can be held accountable for your driving record.

swalsh411

It "works" because there is no law that says a potential employer cannot refuse to hire you because of your driving record, even if all the tickets have been dismissed. Heck, there is no law that says they couldn't hire you because you had no tickets.\

**A: what type of job will you be doing and does it involve driving?
And why does this matter?

dpacheco

It is for a position as an EMT/driver and it wasn't the company it was that the insurance company that denied me. If they are allowed to do this is there anyway I can get my driving record cleaned ?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, you can be fired for this. I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

I have never heard of a method by which you can have your driving record expunged.

dpacheco

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just have to lay low and not get anymore tickets for the next couple of years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">