• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unprofessional Property Managment Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

petticordi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? In

Hello, we just got back from Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL. We had reserved and fully paid for a Condo thru VRBO.com (a private owner) from July 3rd-July 10th 2010. I was emailed the Door Code and Cell Phone number in case we had any issues getting in to the Condo. When we arrived the Door code that I have in writing did not work so I immediately contacted the property manager via the cell phone # that I was given and never received a return call. After 4 hours of calling and leaving voicemails as well as the customer service reps at the resort leaving phone messages for the actual owner with no response my family and and another family that was with us had to call and reserve another Condo for 7 days costing us an additional $2,700 that I had to put on my credit card. The owner called my cell phone the NEXT day at 11:00 am then expected me to see if I could cancel my reservations at the new Condo (which I could not do) and come back to the condo once I told him I wanted my money back. He is now stating that he will give me my money back minus the Deposit we put down for his Condo. We did sign a contract but we fulfilled. My question is do I take what he is offering or try to go after him for my full amount plus the additional money I had to pay for the Condo that we had to reserve?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">