• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Business Tax ID's, seperate accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheehan

I have been running a cleaning business for over 10 years now, North Shore Maids. This year I just opened a new office under a new business name North Shore Clean, which focuses on office cleaning and full janitiorial services. North Shore Maids has been providing mostly Residential Cleaning Services. My question is.. can I run both of these business under only 1 tax id and one bank account, etc. as to simplify things and save money? I'm running both businesses and they are now both doing successfully. I have not had any income until recently with North Shore Clean, but now I want both of these companies to operate as one basically, but not losing the names. They are not incorporated or anything, just run as a dba.

Antigone*

I have been running a cleaning business for over 10 years now, North Shore Maids. This year I just opened a new office under a new business name North Shore Clean, which focuses on office cleaning and full janitiorial services. North Shore Maids has been providing mostly Residential Cleaning Services. My question is.. can I run both of these business under only 1 tax id and one bank account, etc. as to simplify things and save money? I'm running both businesses and they are now both doing successfully. I have not had any income until recently with North Shore Clean, but now I want both of these companies to operate as one basically, but not losing the names. They are not incorporated or anything, just run as a dba.
US law Only

FlyingRon

Federally, operating with a fictitious name for your self, you could just use your SSN. You certainly don't need separate tax id's for different dbas referring to the same entity (though nothing prevents you from doing that). Are you the one in Danvers/Beverly. Both appear to drive a fleet of vans with the names photoshopped onto them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">