• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting a Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mel3461

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa. My mother passed in June. We were not really close for 3 years. My father died in nov. 2009 His will had me in it to get a third 0f the estate I have 2 sisters. My mom changed the will in Feb. and now I found out I am not getting anything my niece or her granddaughter is getting almost everything. Do I have any grounds to contest just because I am her daughter.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

Do I have any grounds to contest just because I am her daughter.
Children do not have an absolute right to inherit (except to a limited extent in Louisiana).

The rest of your post is unclear.

My father died in nov. 2009 His will had me in it to get a third 0f the estate I have 2 sisters.
Was your father's will probated?

Or did all property pass to your mother through joint ownership or beneficiary designations? If it did, then what your father's will said is irrelevant.

My mom changed the will in Feb.
I assume that you mean that your mother changed her will. As long as she was still legally competent (and it does not take much to be considered so), she was free to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">