• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

whats the statut of limimation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randyskat

Califorina:( (only U.S. law)?
6 years ago i was arrested for possesion of neth I had never been in trouble in my life . I am 61 years old and and when i was told to go into a drug treatment program or go to jail i was very afraid ...I had no one to care for my pets and to take care of my home So i have been hiding for the past 6 years
someone told me about the atatued of ;limatation is this true i also heard i have to ask for it ... could a lawery go for me?

CdwJava

If you have been on the run from court proceedings or sentencing, then you are a fugitive and the statute of limitations no longer applies. Yes, a lawyer might be able to smooth things out for you, but you will have to appear at some point.

justalayman

ever hear of Roman Polanski? He has been on the run for what? 30 years?

He is still wanted and when the US can get him, he is going to prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">