• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Hearing on Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Moviegirl54

My daughter had a Court hearing today in Cape May Court House, New Jersey - her soon to be ex-husband had a restraining order against her because he said that he was in fear for his life. Bottom line is that the Judge did uphold the Order and is not allowing my daughter to be in contact with either her ex-husband or his family which actually is fine with her. There are children involved and there is a restraining order against her in Myrtle Beach South Carolina also. To give you a small synopsis of what happened and why she has these restraining orders is because my daughter had a mental breakdown and had to be hospitalized for it. She explained to the Judge that she realized that she had a breakdown but that what her ex-husband wasn't telling the Judge was that it was due to his drinking and gambling for seven years of their marriage and now that she has been released from the hospital by her doctors who stated that she is complying with their instructions and taking her meds and also seeing counsellors, now she has to fight in three states for her children. Because of the restraining order in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - she cannot visit with her children because the children are listed on that restraining order. My question is - is it going to hurt my daughter's case in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (which is where her and her husband and their children lived) that the Judge ruled to leave the restraining order in force here in Cape May Court House, New Jersey.

[Edited by Moviegirl54 on 04-11-2001 at 05:41 PM]

L

lawrat

Yes it could hurt her case. That is why you need a lawyer to try for a rehearing before you move forward with any other court processes.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">