• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resignation letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spydico

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I've failed a random DOT drug screen for THC. My former employer is asking if I want to submit a resignation letter. They said they'll give me a month's severance whether I submit the letter or not. Same with a future employment reference, their policy is to say nothing positive or negative either way, whether I resign or let them terminate me for "cause". Seems like any hopes of getting unemployment benefits are dashed either way also. Should I submit a generic resignation letter? Thanks in advance.

pattytx

I don't normally say this, but in this case, I would resign (but not until I saw and signed the severance agreement). I agree that, either way, your chances for unemployment benefits are virtually nil.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">