• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pet Sitter and owners not returning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mornsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

Hi, I've got a odd question regarding contract law. As a petsitter I agreed to watch a familys cats for a month while they went to China. The month ended the 24th of July. They were due home the 18th. As of today they still aren't home. Of course I'm still covering the cats, but I'm starting to wonder how long I will have to do this. Any one with suggestions on how long is reasonable? I've already taken one cat to the vet and spent 150. I can't get ahold of them at all though they did sign a vet release stating they'd pay up to 1000. What happens if they don't ever come back?

justalayman

The month ended the 24th of July.
the month WILL end July 24. Not there yet.

What happens if they don't ever come back?
keep the cats, give them to animal control/ humane society, contact family members

If they don't show up by the 25th, then I would figure out what to do. Until then, the month isn't up. Since they were supposed to be back the 18th (yesterday) I would wait. Something as simple as missing a scheduled flight could easily cause a delay of a day or even more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">