• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

royalcrick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

I live in texas.....
My question is I bought one of those extended warranty for your car with high mileage... thru LAKESHORE INS. group.

Now when i purchased this policy i asked many times over did it cover everything ( bumper to bumper electronics and all) I was told YES
the only thing not covered is normal maintenance *** oil changes, tires, windshield wipers etc.... normal maintenance*****I have paid on this policy for 8 months

when i started having issues with my power steering pump I contacted the company to find a service center near me I took it to the service center that I was told would handle the claim....Come to find out they did not cover it.

I called the sales agent i got the policy through and was then told that they were having a lot of problems with LAKESHORE that they werent covering what they claimed was covered under the policy that was purchased....

Mind the fact that before I made this purchase I checked with the BBB and they had a good rating...

What I would like to know is how to I go about getting back my money that I paid for a policy that they refuse to honor.... I feel that I was taken for a ride how do i fix this problem... mind the fact that I have already contacted my bank and stopped payments but the bank wont refund my money either and I'm at a loss.....

Please help:confused::confused::confused::confused:

swalsh411

Does the written warrenty say it will cover the power steering pump? Did you review this documentation before you purchased the warrenty to make sure it really covered everything the supposedly told you it did?

sandyclaus

"If it ain't in writing, it never happened."

Did you read through the actual policy papers or were you given something IN WRITING to review that specified what items were and were not covered by the warranty? If so, did you actually READ what you were given?

It's VERY common marketing tactic to TELL you things that they will/will not do, but their words are often as worthless as the overpriced coverage. They are counting on being able to sell you on a verbal promise in order to seal the deal, when in reality, their promises almost always unenforceable.

I'm afraid you are going to be out the cost of that warranty that you bought AND the cost of that transmission work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">