• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoeJo

December 1992 in the state of Kansas I was arrested for theft under $500. I was given diversion and if I completed the contract the case would be dismissed with prejudice. I did complete it successfully. My employer for 6 mos now in the state of Florida wants a statement describing the arrest and if I was convicted. I am not sure if they can do this since the case was dismissed. All I would need to do is file a petition for expungement and my employer wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Can they ask or request this information from me?

[Edited by JoeJo on 04-12-2001 at 12:40 AM]

A

Attorney_Replogle

Generally employers can only ask questions regarding felony convictions. If your case ended up as a misdemeanor then in all likelihood they have no right to question you about. However, do ask a local employment law attorney what your state laws are in this regard. You can find one at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">