• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After market car warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsnfltn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hi guys, I purchased a used vechile last year and bought the warranty with it. I had all the oil changes performed at a mechanic shop. Now the transmission is going out and needs to be rebuilt. The warranty company is request all the oil change receipt. The garage does not keep computer info, it's all paper and they only keep about 6 months and then trash them. I was able to come up with 6 of the 7 receipts but the one from this last April was done with cash and I can not trace it back. The warranty company will not process the claim with it having all 7 receipts.

What do I do, this is dumb, the engine oil does not even have anything to do with the transmission.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hi guys, I purchased a used vechile last year and bought the warranty with it. I had all the oil changes performed at a mechanic shop. Now the transmission is going out and needs to be rebuilt. The warranty company is request all the oil change receipt. The garage does not keep computer info, it's all paper and they only keep about 6 months and then trash them. I was able to come up with 6 of the 7 receipts but the one from this last April was done with cash and I can not trace it back. The warranty company will not process the claim with it having all 7 receipts.

What do I do, this is dumb, the engine oil does not even have anything to do with the transmission.
Sue the bad guys in small claims court

Zigner

What does your service contract say about you keeping records?
It would only matter if the problem had to do with oil changes ;)

But, I will concede that the contract ALSO probably requires all maintenance to be performed per the manufacturers recommendations. And, I'll also bet that the OP didn't get the tranny serviced...

jsnfltn

Yes, the agreement does require all service records upon request. I asked firestone to make me copies of the records. I have 4 of them from firestone that they gave me the other day, I faxed them and now they are saying that the recipts are fake, they like the same. My response is, they need to take that up with firestone, I asked firestone for my records and I gave you what they gave me. They should honor the warranty and take the recipts issue up with firestone.

I plan on suing them in small claims if I have to. I will go in with 6 of 7 bank receipts and all 7 reciepts that i have, the 7 receipts cover the mileage for the warranty. I thank I will come out good in the end it just makes me mad.

jsnfltn

Kinda cool,
Just called autolifeRX's office and asked to speak to the president, "He's not in today but will be back Monday, Can I put you in to his voice mail?" "Hell yea that's the man i want to talk to"

Will see how this play's out but I think it's interesting that they put me into the president, most of the time they will not let you talk to the president.

Zigner

Kinda cool,
Just called autolifeRX's office and asked to speak to the president, "He's not in today but will be back Monday, Can I put you in to his voice mail?" "Hell yea that's the man i want to talk to"

Will see how this play's out but I think it's interesting that they put me into the president, most of the time they will not let you talk to the president.
I would be surprised if the president actually checks his own voicemail ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">