• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

injured back

i just got canned from my job today. on friday my supervisor asked me to do a task that went against my work restrictions. i had asked him to show me what he wanted me to do and he eventually showed me. i explained to him that it went against my restrictions, he was pretty agitated. a little later on in the evening, i called him and asked when i could go to my lunch break, i was at work for 5 hrs already and i needed someone to watch my dept. he told me he was sending me home for giving him a hard time. he told me not to come back to work until mon night. i got a call from human resources monday afternoon stating they demand that i come in for a meeting asap. i told them it was short notice and i was pretty busy the next couple of days before i could set up an appointment. on those days i had interviews, college classes, meetings, job hunting, etc. in my meeting w/ my attorney, it was brought up that my company may let me go. well in my meeting w/ management that is exactly what they did. now we have to go in front of the labor board and present our case. my question is, if a find a much better job but dont make the same amt of money, do i have to go back to my old miserable job or sacrafice loosing the w/c benefits or settlement? this whole thing stinks!! i feel pretty miserable due to this!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">