• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Percentage of new partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdmillerjr

I am wondering what percentage I should ask for in a new business partnership in a situation where the partner has an established small restaurant and has approached me in opening a small brewery. He has extra space attached to current building and this is where he wants to open brewery. He wants to sell the beer through his restaurant but he wants the two businesses to act as seperate entities. We are in the middle of forming an LLC and I was wondering since I am going to be the one making the goods for sale and paying for half of everything should I request more than a 51/49 split? I am wondering should I ask for 60/40 or what? I'm new to this and I don't want to hurt myself in the future if and when the business is very profitable. Any information would be a huge help. Thanks

HomeGuru

I am wondering what percentage I should ask for in a new business partnership in a situation where the partner has an established small restaurant and has approached me in opening a small brewery. He has extra space attached to current building and this is where he wants to open brewery. He wants to sell the beer through his restaurant but he wants the two businesses to act as seperate entities. We are in the middle of forming an LLC and I was wondering since I am going to be the one making the goods for sale and paying for half of everything should I request more than a 51/49 split? I am wondering should I ask for 60/40 or what? I'm new to this and I don't want to hurt myself in the future if and when the business is very profitable. Any information would be a huge help. Thanks
**A: this is a legal advice site and you asked a business question.

tdmillerjr

homeguru

Yes, I realize that but, I was just wanting advice from people experienced with the legal side of the business that see this stuff on a daily basis so I could get a feel for what is somewhat normal for a similar circumstance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">