• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay sales of burned Copyrighted CD's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobmarley

I was engaged in selling an educational course on ebay that includes several books. Basically, I took this course and was the student assistant. At one point, they decided to throw away about 30 cases of books, of which I have been selling ever since.I figure this part is fully legal. Lately, I had decided to "burn" a cd that originally came with the course. I added that CD to the whole set to make it more appealing. Well, I only sold about 3 sets that way, and then my auction was pulled. Ebay stated that the copyright owner filed a sworn statement causing my auction to be pulled. Ebay also gives these people my address. I am highly concerned that I may be sued for such action. Also, will they be able to search my house for infringements on copyrighted materials? The CD does state that a "backup" copy may be made...and perhaps I inadvertantley failed to include the original with the copy, thus relieving myself of any versions of the program. These people may have purchased the course, or have received such a complaint from one person I sold the course to. Please advise what action I should take, if any. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">