• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ui?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sq766

CA

i was hired with a 1-yr probation. near the end of that year (during which i have received no feedback (despite the requirment that they do written evaluations ev. 3 mo.), other than one month ago, that they felt my writing needed work), my employer sat me down and said they would not be taking me off of probation. I would like to know what my options are to be able to receive unemployment insurance as they indicated that it is up to me whether i want to submit a letter of resignation. they also said that if i file for UI they will not dispute it?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

If you resign, you won't get unemployment. Not unless it's "resign or you're fired". Is it?

How about hitting the community college or adult education and taking a writing class? Show some initiative. :D

sq766

but at the same time, i really don't want it known that i'm being fired, laid off, not taken off of probation... not really sure how to categorize.

and since it is a resign or be fired, if i do submit a letter, am i still able to get UI?

They have since come back to me and said on the writing, that i just have a different style, so it's almost as if they're now backing away from that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">