• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing Statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colby44

State is Idaho. I was told 6 months for turning in Closing Statement and also told I can take up to 3 years. Anyone know which it is. I am the Personal Representative for a Small Estate and there is a couple of things that need to be done. I also have to file his taxes for this year, next year where he will have a small amount coming back. How can I do that and distribute that money if I put in a Closing statement in the 6 month time window and close the account?
Thank you....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

latigo

With respect to the administration of small estates and summary administrative procedure, Idaho has adopted verbatim the Uniform Probate Code - Part 12 Sections 3-1201 to 3-1204 (Idaho Code 15-3-1201 to 15-3-1204)

The Idaho statutes state that the PR “may” file a verified statement with the court closing the estate.

And may do so “at any time after disbursement and distribution of the estate”.

Such a closing statement has the same effect as one filed under section 15-3-1003, but is not subject to the 6 months waiting period as in an informal or supervied adminstration.

Moreover, there is nothing under the Idaho statutes that requires the formal closing of any estate. Hence the word "may" in both IC 15-3-1204 and 15-3-1003.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">