• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for poor performace than boss said i did it on purpose.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I was fired for poor work performance and was told that I will not get unemployment because legadly I told an associate that I was trying to get fired (LIE LIE LIE). I told them that was a lie and I wanted to stay but they still fired me. When my hearing comes up how can I WIN and prove them wrong? I know i never ever siad that.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I was fired for poor work performance and was told that I will not get unemployment because legadly I told an associate that I was trying to get fired (LIE LIE LIE). I told them that was a lie and I wanted to stay but they still fired me. When my hearing comes up how can I WIN and prove them wrong? I know i never ever siad that.
Aside from telling your side of the story, there isn't much else you can do.

pattytx

The employer doesn't decide whether you get unemployment benefit; the state does. Since the employer is the one protesting your claim, the burden of proof will be on them to prove to the investigator's satisfaction that you did what they claim you did.

swalsh411

You don't need to prove you didn't sat that (which you could not do anyway); they need to prove you did. If all they have is hearsay of something you allegedly said once I don't see them as having a very strong case.

[email protected]

Yes, I know that they need proof. But this is a HUGE corperation :) (That symbol should give you a clue of who it is) so who is going to be on the other end of the phone fighting it? Is it the manager, personell person, or do they have someone they hire for this kind of stuff? What should I expect for them?

swalsh411

Anybody they want. They aren't gonna bring out the big gun attorneys if that is what you're worried about. But it doesn't matter. If they have no credible evidence you said it then they can't make a case for misconduct. Unless there is some other misconduct you're not telling us.

Betty

Just be sure you tell the truth to the UI folks. Your employer will then have to prove their side of the case. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">