• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal to order/approve a fake ID?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briankoh91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I originally wanted a fake ID from the internet, but than conscious my spoke. When I received my fake ID, I told the seller I would destroy it and would not pay him. It is no longer in existence and I have never used it in any way.

He sent me this, threatening to pay him.
"I have looked up your local police department and I will be sending them an anonymous e-mail detailing your conversation of ordering and approving of false documents, your scanned proof of the false ID, as well as your home address. In case you didn't know this, it is a class 5 felony, and with enough evidence, it can put you behind bars for some time."

Is it true that it is illegal to order and approve of false documents? I live in Fulton County in Georgia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">