• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring under false pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tells4321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york state

i am alicensed practical nurse i was hired 7/12/10 to work mon-fri 830am till 5 pm at an assisted living facility thru a home care agency. now ive been working alsmost 2weeks an havent been really orientated for the job so every day im askn ques what am i supposed to be doing. now they hav something called stats which are the number of visits u hav to do(ppl to see) in a week now they have a full time rn and me its impossible for both of us to meet our stats becuase we cant both get paid to see the same ppl. if she sees them she get the stat if i do i get it. now what ive seen is i dont hav enough ppl to see so i would never meet my stats so i ask them about it they say if i dont ill have to work out in the community which is go house to house and visit ppl. i was never told any of this during the interview or when offered position they are making it up as they go i ask ques they keep saying they dont kno they r looking into stuff my thing is they hired me for a position which they did not have set in place or kno the details of . my ques is can they make me work in the community when i was hired to work in the facility

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Was that English? Your "txt speak" makes things VERY difficult to read.

However, it seems to me that you are asking if the employer can assign you to work at a different location than you originally were hired for.

Barring a bona-fide employment contract, the answer is yes, the employer can put you in a different location.

Hot Topic

You're a nurse. So nurse where your employer, the home care agency, feels you're needed. And there's a huge need for nurses who recognize senior citizens in the community who should be in a nursing home or assisted living facility. You could really be a godsend to some of those people.

Did you express yourself so poorly when you trained to be a nurse? I'm surprised that you got away with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">