• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate tax form for deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigh3434

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina. My mother who was 84 passed away oct. 2009. My sister is the personal represenative and has filed all the appropiate forms except some sort of tax form, that the court said must be filled out. My mother , as we learned later, didn't file a yearly tax return for her last ten years, but she never recieved anything from the IRS in ref. to warnings, audits, inquirys, etc. Truth be known, she would have gotten a refund every year if she filed. But my question is, does anyone know if the tax form to be filled out for the probate court is related to a W-2, 1040, or would it be some sort of form for estate/death tax. The estate is valued at approxiamately $26-30,000.00. She said that she has waited for this form to be mailed or explained to her, but hasn't recieved a reply. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND LATER.

Dandy Don

This is a question that she should be asking the court about. Maybe they are inquiring to see whether a state and/or federal tax form FOR THE ESTATE has been completed. Talk to any local CPA or tax preparer about this and they can guide her in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">