• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

92 :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antonymjoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello, I got a ticket for 92 in a 65 zone, usually traffic is around 80mph on this freeway. The officer said I was clocked by an air unit. He didn't note anything under the radar unit portion of the ticket, and there are two different officer's names on the ticket. Would anyone be able to help me with explaining my options?

Should I go for a trial by declaration first? Also is there supposed to be a special ticket for air radar units or something like that?

Thanks.

Your bail is going to be about $400 with no priors and you are not going to be eligible for traffic school so you really lose nothing trying to fight this by declaration. You will need to post the $400. The arresting officer on your citation is the air unit. The citing officer is the one who wrote the ticket. You might want to get some discovery from the citing agency to get the low down on the air unit. You can go to the counter of that agency and talk to the clerk and find out how to do that.

The ticket is the ticket .. it doesnt need to be different.

"clocked" is not a radar. Clocked is clocked...ie timing you between two points then doing math stuff.

Your other option is a regular trial. But if you do trial by dec, you get two bites at the apple because if you lose a trial by dec you can get a new trial. (and since the chances of you losing are like 95%, take all you can get).

Other than that, you can pay it.. and be done with it.

Last edited:

antonymjoy

Hey thanks Steven. Very informative, just had a doubt about:

"You might want to get some discovery from the citing agency to get the low down on the air unit. You can go to the counter of that agency and talk to the clerk and find out how to do that."

I don't understand what you mean by discovery, like details of the air unit? Like how they measured my speed you mean? Also by agency you mean the police station right?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">