• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blamed for accident that wasn't my fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teccma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri
I was in an accient that was clearly not my fault. I was travelling northbound on a two way street that was marked with no parking signs along the southbound lane. I observed a car ahead of me pull to the northbound curb as though he were parking. He was far enough ahead of me that I did not have to slow down as I proceded past him.As I approached his car he made a sharp left turn right in front of me. There was no blinker, no look back to see if any traffic was coming. I swerved to the left to avoid a collision but he keep coming and we collided.
In the police report there was no detail of the accident. It simply said that he said that he was about to turn left into a driveway ( that was not his) and that I went to go around him. The policeman failed to put in the report that I said that he had pulled to the curb as though he were parking and that he failed to signal that he was about to turn. My insurance company said I was 80% at fault and paid out a claim to him.I did not accept their judgement and have questions as to what I can do. Please advise. Thank-you.

P.S. The accident happened June 25th, 2010.

ecmst12

What part of your car hit what part of his car?

If your own insurance company thinks you are at fault, there's usually nothing you can do. They don't pay out claims for fun, they pay if they don't think they could win if they other guy sued you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">