• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nic

connecticut, i have filed a small claims case against my xboyfriend for balances of unpaid bills. we lived together for 1yr. we had a verbal agreement regarding household expenses 50/50. in his response he only states no written agreement and that all household bills were in my name (which is true) so he is not liable. are verbal agreements just as valid as written agrrements? How will i fair?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nic said:
connecticut, i have filed a small claims case against my xboyfriend for balances of unpaid bills. we lived together for 1yr. we had a verbal agreement regarding household expenses 50/50. in his response he only states no written agreement and that all household bills were in my name (which is true) so he is not liable. are verbal agreements just as valid as written agrrements? How will i fair?
My response:

He'll lose. Idiots always lose.

His "defense" is no defense at all. It doesn't matter if there was, or wasn't, a verbal or written agreement. People cannot live somewhere, use utilities, and not expect to pay their fair share. For the judge to decide otherwise would be ludicrous.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">