• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any advice??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenny1780

I was wrongfully terminated for a disagreement between myself & another employee. My boss did not witness the argument & only has hersay on what happened. He said he was writing us both up, but it wouldn't go into our files. I refused to sign the write up because disagreements occured there everyday. He was very irritated. & fired me 3 days later. He threw in that I was intimidating another employee when I was telling her how I wouldn't sign the write up. I had my unemployment appeal today & I won. When the judge asked questions all he got from my previous employer were I don't knows & I don't have specifics on what was supposedly said during both incidents. I was having a personal conversation with this girl & He had no testimony or statements from her stating I was intimidating her. I received an email from another girl the day I was fired stating she had talked to the boss & he gave her a different reason as to why I was fired. It was to "help me out" he had said. Because I didn't have a reliable daycare anymore & so I could spend time with my children. He told me I could receive my unemployment because they weren't fighting it. Little did he know that the reasons he put for my termination would make the unemployment office question it. Can I sue for this??

Proserpina

I was wrongfully terminated for a disagreement between myself & another employee. My boss did not witness the argument & only has hersay on what happened. He said he was writing us both up, but it wouldn't go into our files. I refused to sign the write up because disagreements occured there everyday. He was very irritated. & fired me 3 days later. He threw in that I was intimidating another employee when I was telling her how I wouldn't sign the write up. I had my unemployment appeal today & I won. When the judge asked questions all he got from my previous employer were I don't knows & I don't have specifics on what was supposedly said during both incidents. I was having a personal conversation with this girl & He had no testimony or statements from her stating I was intimidating her. I received an email from another girl the day I was fired stating she had talked to the boss & he gave her a different reason as to why I was fired. It was to "help me out" he had said. Because I didn't have a reliable daycare anymore & so I could spend time with my children. He told me I could receive my unemployment because they weren't fighting it. Little did he know that the reasons he put for my termination would make the unemployment office question it. Can I sue for this??

This was not a wrongful termination.

Jenny1780

He lied about the reasons for firing me. It blew up in his face & he couldn't prove any of his allegations. How is that not wrongful termination??

Proserpina

He lied about the reasons for firing me. It blew up in his face & he couldn't prove any of his allegations. How is that not wrongful termination??

Because a wrongful termination means you were terminated because of a reason specifically prohibited by law, such as race, gender, age, etc.

Not because the boss lied.

That's not a protected class.

Jenny1780

Small claims? I have to be able to sue for this somehow. I was done wrong & my family has suffered because of it!

eerelations

As you've been advised before, a wrongful termination is where someone is fired for a reason prohibited by law. Reasons prohibited by law include things like race, gender, religion, age (only if you're over 40), and disability. You were not fired for any of these reasons or for any other reason remotely resembling these reasons. Ergo, you have not been wrongfully terminated.

You can only sue another person/entity if that person/entity has broken the law. (This goes for small claims court, too.) Your former employer did not break any laws when firing you, ergo, you cannot sue your former employer.

Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">