• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stanley77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida. I was in a auto accident last saturday night, i was at a red light, the light went green i was a little slow to go and i got rearened. There was little damange to my car and none to the other drivers car. we did not exchange insurance and i didnt get a police report but i do have the other drivers tag number and phone number i think...ive been calling in the past couple of days but no answer. am i screwed or is there anything i can do?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What possessed you to not exchange information or file an accident report???
What was going through your head? Did you make a deal with the other driver to pay for your damage?

Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and be guided by what they tell you.

ecmst12

You can go to the police and file an after-the-fact report just so they can look up the other driver's insurance info.

stanley77

yes we said we would settel it ourselves and now he is not answering the phone! can you believe how crappy people can be. so am i **** out of luck or can i get this guy to pay for my car?

ecmst12

I told you what to do. If you choose to ignore it, that's your choice but clearly he's not going to voluntarily pay you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">