• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sorority Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SJC_22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

I am currently a member of a sorority in WA. The previous school year I was granted live out status, which meant that I was able to live out of the sorority house while paying certain fees per quarter. Every school year every member is required to sign a contract. Towards the end of this past year I applied for live out status again, only after signing the contract as that was required to apply for live out. I was not granted live out. While I do not want to move back in, I am told that if I wish to withdraw from the sorority (so I do not have to move back in) I must pay the room and board for the next year. The contract requires the signatures of both the student and a parent. While I know it is considered forgery, I signed the contract in my fathers name. So I am wondering sense my father did not truly sign the contract if it is still considered valid. Also, I am wondering if there is any other ways that I may be able to get out of this contract.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">