• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother and Father Arrested In New Orleans PWIT Marijuana 186 lbs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjones1914

Let me first thank everybody for taking time to read my question and your help.

My Father and Brother were arrested last week for Possession with intent of 186 lbs of Marijuana in New Orleans, LA. They were pulled over at about 12 midnight by the New Orleans Parish sheriff’s department. 187 lbs of marijuana was found in the bed of the truck. I don’t have any details on if the search was done properly or not.

Let’s Start with my brother:
He has no prior record. What can I expect? Will he have to serve time or can he get probation without any jail time.

Now my father:
He has one prior convection in Texas for the same thing. He did not serve any time but got probation. So obviously he is in violation of his probation. What can I expect? Will he have to serve time or would there be other options

Thank you everybody I would really appreciate any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">