• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pleading Violation 14604

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mhale1

I got my ticket in Fullerton, CA. Here is the situation:

I let my friend drive the car recently, but he had a suspended license. We got pulled over both recieved tickets and my ticket was for violation 14604 (A) VC, which states:

(a)No owner of a motor vehicle may knowingly allow another person to drive the vehicle upon a highway unless the owner determines that the person possesses a valid driver's license that authorizes the person to operate the vehicle.

Since I am not the owner of this car my father is could I plead this down to Infraction Violation 14606 (A) which states:

(A)No person shall employ or hire any person to drive a motor vehicle nor shall he knowingly permit or authorize the driving of a motor vehicle, owned by him or her or under his or her control, upon the highways by any person unless the person is then license.

Plus my friend now has his license back, does that factor in as well? Thanks for any advice.

So plead innocent and go to trial.
Don't ansewer any questions except that you are innocent.
By any chance is your dad's name the same as yours? :D

JIMinCA

If your dad is the owner of the car, then the ticket is inappropriate for you. That's pretty simple. Just show up and state that it is not your car!

mhale1

So plead innocent and go to trial.
Don't ansewer any questions except that you are innocent.
By any chance is your dad's name the same as yours? :D
No we do not have the same name. Plus I am female and he's a male. Should I get a public defender in this case? Just in case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">