• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

move to japan, marijana possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

movin2japan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Va
I just got charged with possession of Marijuana. I have previously gotten a DUI(5 years ago) and a reckless driving ticket(alcohol involved) more than 1 year ago and now have a valid drivers license. I'm getting married to my girlfriend in the military and moving to Okinawa Japan to be with her in 3 months. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get prevented from being with my new wife in 3 months because of this charge. Any help is greatly appreciated!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well, certainly if your case isn't disposed of by then you probably won't legally be able to leave.

If you're asking whether the Japanese will let you in with a history of marijuana possession we can't answer that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">