• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I work for a company as a delivery driver and in the last 2 weeks I was given the job of making all the deliveries 6 days a week. My doctor told me and my boss that I am only allowed to work 3 days a week but my boss still had me work all six days. What I want to know is I believe my employer is going to terminate me as the other day on this past monday i passed out in the mall where I work and was rushed to the hospital and the doctors there said it looked liked I was suffering from exhaustion. What can I do if they doo terminate me and also get me cut off of unemployment.

working

My doctor seems to think that since I am 67 I am not capable of working 40 hours and also I have had this happen to me before as on Mothers day weekend I had worked about 45 hours inside of 4 days and the next scheduled day of work I was so tired I could not even go into work so it must be a age thing.

Beth3

I think you're working too much for someone of your age too. However if your employer needs someone to work six days a week and you are only capable of working three, they are free to terminate your employment and hire another delivery person.

Your employer cannot "cut off" your unemployment benefits. If you are terminated, the State will decide whether you are eligible to collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">