• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dirt bike/car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newwife03

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.....my son was involved in a accident yesterday with a dirt bike, the dirt bike was coming around a curve to fast and hit my son's car on the driver side..damage was to the fender & door. He told the police that he has no vehicle and has no insurance, he also stated that his license are suspended. What should I do?
Thanks.

Was it the same son's car that was riding the motor bike? or a different son?

That was a difficult sentence.

OK, after re reading it, let me see if I have this right:
Your son owns the car, but someone else was riding the dirt bike.
The dirt bike driver hit your sons car causing damage. The other driver claims to have a suspended license and no insurance. :mad:

Is that correct?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.....my son was involved in a accident yesterday with a dirt bike, the dirt bike was coming around a curve to fast and hit my son's car on the driver side..damage was to the fender & door. He told the police that he has no vehicle and has no insurance, he also stated that his license are suspended. What should I do?
Thanks.
Could you rephrase that without using pronouns?

Mass_Shyster

I'll take a wild guess and assume the kid on the dirt-bike didn't have a license or insurance, and was also the cause of the accident.

If that is the case, your son may need to sue the kid to recover anything. If the kid is a minor, he may be able to sue the parents. He can probably sue the owner of the dirt-bike.

If he has collision insurance, he should file a claim with his insurance company.

newwife03

Almost a Lawyer....the person(dirt bike) who hit my son has no ins and suspended lic. Insane Jane......that is correct.. Steve.....the person who hit my son is not a minor and he also stated he has no insurance.

Was the other driver given a ticket or arrested? What were the charges?
As already mentioned, your son sould invole his insurance company.
Your son should also get valid quotes for the cost of the repairs.
He should show up at the other drivers court date with the qoutes and talk to the DA. He sould be asking for the court to add restitution as part of the sentance...
It might fly or might not.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">