• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Camera Ticket In California, But Not The Driver v.2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracker599

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

First, I'd like to say great site & a big thanks to everyone involved!
I came across this site while looking for answers to a red light ticket.

A co-worker received a camera ticket in the mail but he's not the driver pictured.

I saw this thread while looking around

https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/red-light-camera-ticket-california-but-not-driver-389694.html

....but had another question.

This appears to be a snitch ticket from the city of Los Angeles Automated Photo Red Light Enforcement Program.
It lists several options on the back of this ticket.

Pay the bail
Trial & TBD
Traffic School

In addition, it says to fill out the affidavit if my co-worker (the person the ticket came to) is not the person driving.

The thing is, the affidavit asks for the person that WAS driving, and that person is no longer in the country. My co-worker was letting his guest drive around (she did have an international license) while she was in town.

My question is, should he fill out the Affidavit and send it in? If so, just leave the other persons info blank? Or should he request a Trial by declaration and then submit the facts?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">