• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto pedestrian accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctolland

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
my husband was in an accident with a pedestrian she was at fault running with headphones and basically ran into my husbands car he was only going about 5 mph. cop didn't ticket him and even said he was not at fault. At the accident the woman said it was her fault but now things are changing she's trying to get something. we haven't gotten a police report yet and can't afford a lawyer if it comes to it. what will happen any ideas? very scared because we can't afford a lawyer.:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would have to explain the accident more fully in order for us to let you know if it might actually be hubby's fault.

ETA: Hubby's insurance company will provide for his defense

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
my husband was in an accident with a pedestrian she was at fault running with headphones and basically ran into my husbands car he was only going about 5 mph. cop didn't ticket him and even said he was not at fault. At the accident the woman said it was her fault but now things are changing she's trying to get something. we haven't gotten a police report yet and can't afford a lawyer if it comes to it. what will happen any ideas? very scared because we can't afford a lawyer.:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
A person at fault changing their story is nothing new. Zigner is right, if you get sued/taken to court, your insurance covers the defense. Assuming you are insured, I can't imagine this lady's injuries exceeding your policy limits. Just contact your insurance company and let them handle the rest. That's why you pay them the big bucks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">