• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Similar business names, same city...lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hans1978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I started a photography business earlier this year, applied with the Secretary of State and formed an LLC.
The name of the business is: Graham Photography Service, LLC.
Today I got a call from a gentleman saying his business, about 30 miles away, is called Graham Photo / Video. He said I was taking his business with my name (Im guessing this since I did my own website and search engine optimization to get good google ranking when searching. My website looks professional while he only has a web domain registered and it takes you to a GoDaddy "this domain is being held by :GoDaddy" type page.
He is not listed under the secretary of state so I assume he is a sole proprietor. Although he told me he was listed there. A thorough search turned up nothing. Only after I searched his exact name did a wedding photography link-trading site bring him up.
Im an architectural and aerial photographer and he is a wedding photographer.

Does he have a leg to stand on by saying our names are in conflict? Does he have a winning chance in a courtroom? Im thinking about contacting the Secretary of state and filing a complaint but Im not sure if thats the right first move,.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">