• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Called in a prescription of and under the counter med...help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jasmine breeze

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California
As in last week I worked in Drs office, last week I had a horrible back pain
I seen the member from the front desk call in prescripoms for themselfs, and one of my coworker call was going to call me in some vicodin, but she told me she would do it when she got home, she ask me to call her soon as I got home. We work right in from of pharmacy and I called in a prescription myself...BUT I just didn't feel right, so I didn't pick it up. Next day my boss asked me if I called in a prescription for myself, I said yes I did, she said the pharmacy called cus the drs name I gave out it's not longer with us. I don't have a drug problem as a matter a fact I avoid taking meds. My dentist prescribed me vicodin once n that bottle of 20 lasted about 2 years. I was just in pain, and made a stupid choice, I didn't pick up the meds…I really don't know what to think or do if anyone has some input, Id apresiated.

Are you just looking for a message board lashing (that's probably coming), is this just a confession, or did you have a law/procedure/legal question?

Jasmine breeze

Sorry

For the confussion, I'm very confused myself. I guess my question was since what happened if the pharmacy reports this incident? Since I called it in, but didn't pick up the prescription, and I never done anything like this.:confused:
Thanks!

seniorjudge

Are you asking if the government will file felony charges against you?

I regret to inform you that the FA Crystal Ball was given to me for repairs and refurbishment and I foolishly lost it in a bet on the World Series last fall.

I deeply regret my stupidity.

seniorjudge

I'm asking what could happend if the pharmacy reports this incident
jb, just for you, I called the guy I lost the crystal ball to, and he said for you to start going to Narcotics Anonymous and then post back after you've been to thirty meetings with the first name of your sponsor.

Good luck! :)

seniorjudge

jb, just for you, I called the guy I lost the crystal ball to, and he said for you to start going to Narcotics Anonymous and then post back after you've been to thirty meetings with the first name of your sponsor.

Good luck! :)
Okay.

Up there is my real answer.

Jasmine breeze

I would apresiated if u didn't participate any more I came here for sum input not to fight or argue. Plus I am not addicted to anything, well maybe coffee :)

justalayman

ok, a real answer.

you screwed up real bad. IF the pharmacy reports this to the police, yes, especially since you already admitted this to the doctor, you can be arrested, tried, and tossed in jail.

how dumb do you have to be to use a doctors name that no longer works in the practice you were working in?

seniorjudge

Okay, I won't participate anymore. But before I go, I just wanted to give you an example of someone who has exceptionally serious problems with drugs and needs to go to Narcotics Anonymous:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California
As in last week I worked in Drs office, last week I had a horrible back pain
I seen the member from the front desk call in prescripoms for themselfs, and one of my coworker call was going to call me in some vicodin, but she told me she would do it when she got home, she ask me to call her soon as I got home. We work right in from of pharmacy and I called in a prescription myself...BUT I just didn't feel right, so I didn't pick it up. Next day my boss asked me if I called in a prescription for myself, I said yes I did, she said the pharmacy called cus the drs name I gave out it's not longer with us. I don't have a drug problem as a matter a fact I avoid taking meds. My dentist prescribed me vicodin once n that bottle of 20 lasted about 2 years. I was just in pain, and made a stupid choice, I didn't pick up the meds…I really don't know what to think or do if anyone has some input, Id apresiated.

Jasmine breeze

Lol! Think what u want, u dnt know me. I was looking for a dif answer, plus in my whole life I got prescribed by a dr Tylenol with codeine n ot lasted 2 years. So ya I have serious problems related narcotics...plus if I had an addiction I would have a huge pharma history so, if Anybody has input about what can happend if the pharmacy reports this even tho I never done it b4, n didn't pick up the prescription... Thank u

But I need a real answer Ty
OK, maybe I can help with the real answer that you are waiting for?
If you go to the pharmacy to get the scrip filled, they will probably have you wait while they call the police. If they offer you sweet tea while you wait, then for sure the police will be in the waiting. ;)
Script forgery is a crime. Showing up to finish the crime will land you in a bigger heap of trouble than you are already in.

As for your continued employment for the Dr.'s office, I could only take an educated guess. They do have cause to kick you out.
As for any Dr.'s writting a scrpt for meds for you, that is up to them.
One thing is for sure, the Dr.'s office needs to take a serious look at how scripts are handled.

As for any crime that you have committed, we can only guess.
From your actions that you posted, one has to conclude that you may have some serious problems.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">