• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjo1289

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? sc

I bought a bicycle online. It was purchased for a company in CO. In the ad the bike was describe to only needing the front wheel and seat installed and then it was "ready to ride". However after putting the front wheel and seat on i took the bike for a ride and it was damaged due to poor assemble (not front wheel or seat). I contacted the company and they said since i didn't purchase their "Pro build" they did not cover the bike. i was told that the bike was not ready to ride and they were sorry i was confused. i ask why they describe the bike as ready to ride and he just said again "I'm sorry your confused".

Also the bike came with the wrong components. I didn't know this until my bike shop pointed that out. some of the wrong components are of better quality and some are of cheaper quality. i have spent a lot to get the bike in working order and want to know if i have anyway of recouping any of my cost.

i have filed a claim with the BBB.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Head to CO and sue the bad guys in small claims court. Your travel expenses are not compensable.

Another option might be through your credit card.

swalsh411

The fact that you have spent a lot of time and money to bring this bike up to your standards (as opposed to immediately trying to return it and demanding a refund) hurts your case.

cjo1289

I have thought of the small claims court. I did ask to return bike but since i didn't buy their assembly i was unable to do so.

Would it be worth my time to consult a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">