• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal or Not? Mom needs advise. Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spdrcr71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. Sorry for the first posting, I didn't realize how this all works. My problem is this. My father was the owner operator of his own auto repair shop for over 30 years. He employed a family member under the table for a year or so. My father has recently passed away and the one who was working with him is trying to run the shop "business as usual" he says. That would be fine, however, he has not gotten his own business license or fictitious business name statement. There is no account and its all cash only work. My mother is now owner of property and business, she doesn't like this at all and is very worried about what could happen. We do not know if this is legal. She has made it known that he is to get his own license and such but is usually talked into giving more time for one reason or another. We would like to see the shop stay open and in business but we don't know if a business can possibly be ran in such a manner. What kind of trouble could fall onto my mothers lap? She really needs some advise. However she doesn't do computers and I really hate for her to spend so much money for an attny when I know she is the one with all the power to control this situation. She just needs some legal knowledge to help her make up her mind on what to do. Any input will be much appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">