• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correct Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fairywingz

I Live In Maine. My Father Passed Away 2 years ago, He had a will. He left his Girlfriend a Non-Life Estate To His Home, Which Means She Could Rent it to get income but not live there. My Brother And I Are The GTEE's Of The Home When She Decides To Give It Up Or Passes Away. She Also Is The Personal Representative for estate. She did not follow Through with All of her dutis of the PR Or The Non-Life Estate, She got a lien put on our family home ect. Well We Went to An Attorney and he told us to go change the locks on the door and we could rent it because she was not following her duties. We were going to petition the court to have her removed but they wanted 5, 000 dollars to do this. But She has decided on her own she wants to give up her Non-Life Estate On The Home. What proper form in Maine do we get to do this, the Lawyer that did my Dads will is an arrogant man who refuses to help her with this because she can not pay him, so he has ignored her requests. What form do we need so she can sign this over, because in order for us to get insurance on the house which I had but they told me if it were to burn or any damage the money would go to my Dads esate which means she would get it and would mismanage it. So we need to have the deed transfered into my brother and I's name. Any information would be so appreciated and I would be so grateful. I have done searches and talked to some people in my area and they dont have a clue what we should do. I have to rent this home out to pay the back taxes she indured or we lose our family home in March. Not sure what to do or where to turn, I dont have money for anymore attorneys. Thank you so much!!

anteater

How does the situation differ from two weeks ago when you posted?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/please-help-any-information-523444.html

Someone still has to complete probate.

Fairywingz

How does she do that?? She is just telling us she still wants to be PR but not the non-life estate. Im guess IM not sure that is why I am asking.

Dandy Don

Surely there are other probate attorneys you can talk to about this. Ask for a consulation about what exactly should be done, and you won't be charged an exorbitant fee, just an hourly rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">