• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnnytron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was rear-ended in 2008, on August 3rd. I have been seeing a chiropractor on and off since then and still have lower back pain. I am wondering if the statute of limitations expires today or tomorrow (tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the accident). The chiropractor faxed the chart notes to Geico today, so I just need to make sure to keep the claim "alive" and want to know how I can do so before the statute of limitations expires.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was rear-ended in 2008, on August 3rd. I have been seeing a chiropractor on and off since then and still have lower back pain. I am wondering if the statute of limitations expires today or tomorrow (tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the accident). The chiropractor faxed the chart notes to Geico today, so I just need to make sure to keep the claim "alive" and want to know how I can do so before the statute of limitations expires.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you need to consult with a PI attorney right away.

ecmst12

It's probably too late for that. The only way to "keep the claim alive" is to file suit. Seeing a chiro "on and off" for 2 years is not likely to be seen as necessary and only deriving from the accident. If your injuries were serious you would have sought further treatment besides just chiro, and if they weren't then you didn't need treatment for 2 years. You are not likely to end up with the kind of settlement you think you should get out of this and really you are just going to need to accept whatever they offer since you are not going to find a lawyer to take your case the day before the SOL expires.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">