• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car title question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon-my significant other is trying to get car title loan-and is sure he has clear title. He can not find the title for car-it is miss placed. The problem is the company he is trying to get loan from checked and told him the company that origionaly financed him when he bought car was never removed/signed-off on title. So i guess it still looks like there's a lien on car when there's not. BF said the State messed-up when he got clear title and didn't remove finance company. He also said DMV has no record of him having clear title due to State's mistake. I'm not sure what beurocracy he means by State, but what is best way to get problem resolved.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Look in the file you have on this matter and tell me something.

When your friend wrote the first lender a certified mail return receipt requested letter asking that the lien be released and the clear title returned to him because he was enclosing a photocopy of the final payment, what did that lender reply?

HomeGuru

Look in the file you have on this matter and tell me something.

When your friend wrote the first lender a certified mail return receipt requested letter asking that the lien be released and the clear title returned to him because he was enclosing a photocopy of the final payment, what did that lender reply?
**A: I thought you would never ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">