• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boat Club charging me for bogus damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wyldrush

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I belong to a boat club where a monthly fee is paid and you have access to there fleet using an online reservation system.

On Sunday Aug 1st I took a outboard engine boat for the day and it was returned after hours. (Means club is closed so I tie up boat and leave keys). When checking out the boat, they go over the prop to show it is good because of shallow water areas and the basics. Just about ever boat has physical damages as they are not brand new, some 5-8 years old. The boat I had, had a scratched up engine cap. The wording an decals were even scratched up but not noted as no one does this for over 2 years I belong.

Now Tue Aug 3rd at 10:45AM 3 pictures are emailed showing i caused damages to the engine cap and they wanted a accident statement. No phone on Monday but pictures were taken monday as I could tell from boat location. A pen was placed in areas of concern.

I emailed back the damages were present and if they look over pictures you see all the damages. They called me back after hours and left message that I will be billed for only the damage I caused which I know was there as I noticed how marked up it was when we were in a sandbar and anchored.

The club is constantly trying to bully people and this is not first time for me. They are getting estimate for my damages only I was told.

First. I know I am responsible till they check boat in during the morning hours when club reopens if I return after hours, but the damage does not seem new.

Second. How can they determine how much to charge since they will not be fixing the engine cover based on all other damages.

Any recourse? I am at odds end with the BS at the club. Couple months ago I filed complaint with BB and was told if I did not rescinder complaint they will cancel my membership which is prepaid for 3 yrs and no refund. This is crazy.

Any lawyers in South Florida?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">