• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ford F-250

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pattiv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My son drove my truck without current tags and was impounded by police. My bank (Lean holder) contacted me to ask if I intend to get it out I said yes. My son had went to Ca DMV to do this and was told that there is a discrepency on the lean holder (showing two banks) and that they must straighten this out first before I can get my tags. This took them 1.5 months. They sent me paperwork on a Thursday to take to DMV which my son did on the following monday. He paid for updated tags and insurance and when he went to the impound yard they said they sold it a week and half before. My son called me and I called the bank to find out what happened, they said that the impound it was at was not theyr'e yard and not responsible. I called the yard and they said they sent the bank and me a notice. I never recieved this so called letter but I thought the bank was, that is why I had all my contact with them. Had I known they weren't with the yard all my contacts would have been with them. Do they have the right to sell my truck without my knowledge? I still have $10,800.00 I am paying on this vehicle why should I pay for something I don't have, the bank should be paying for this or give me a new truck for not telling me the lean date.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

the bank should be paying for this or give me a new truck for not telling me the lean date
unless the bank repossessed the truck, the bank had nothing to do with what happened/

why do you think the bank had anything to do with your truck that was impounded by the police for no plates or insurance?

If you have any claim, it is with the yard that sold your truck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why didn't you maintain the proper registration and insurance, as required by both your contract and by law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">