• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vilolatin of FCRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Traceyruff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I believe my rights under the FCRA was violated. Can I sue the company or consumer agency they used?

Brief Explan.:
I applied for a job and was hird by Human Resources. I was to start the day after I took the phsical & Drug test. 2-3 days) The company never informed me of running a background check, but gave me a form upon leaving reg the FCRA ( a consmer report I assume) I firstwaited to hear fom them & did not, after trying to call the admin asst never let me speak to the Human Resorces Maager. I never recv'd anyhing in the mail. fter 2 wks, I finally go thru to the maager and asked hat happened. She aid they ran a background check and something from 13 yrs ago came up (which was a misdemeanor I believe) and sh didn't know what to o about the position offered. I had no idea that they ran a background report, the results of it or wat so called agency they used.Trns out it was for a temp agenc warehouse jo that paid min wage in Indiana. Can I sue them for not following the rules?

TigerD

She aid they ran a background check and something from 13 yrs ago came up (which was a misdemeanor I believe
You don't know whether or not you were charged or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? Don't you think that is kind of an important life event?

$5 says the OP failed to disclose the issue on her app and was rejected for lying on the application.

DC

FlyingRon

I'm not sure what this has to do with FCRA. They do not need to tell you that they are doing background checks and it's not covered by FCRA. We tell employees that we will be doing such checks and drug tests as a condition of employment, but it's not required. We do it to discourage people who we would not retain to not waste our mutual time.

mlane58

I'm not sure what this has to do with FCRA. They do not need to tell you that they are doing background checks and it's not covered by FCRA. We tell employees that we will be doing such checks and drug tests as a condition of employment, but it's not required. We do it to discourage people who we would not retain to not waste our mutual time.
It has everything to do with FCRA and if the employer is using a third party to run the background check, they most certainly have to inform the applicant by informing them of their rights under FCRA and have them sign a disclousre in order to obtain the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">