• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manufacturer's Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katiebug

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I purchased a fridge 4 months ago from a major national retailer. At the time of purchase the Manufacturer's rep was in the store and telling the retailer what floor models to sell. I purchased one of those floor models and was assured that the fridge was under warranty. Now 4 months later the fridge is not cooling properly and when the manufacturer sent a tech out he noticed a sticker in the fridge that states it was a floor model and not available for resale. He says the fridge is not under warranty. I have called the manufacturer and spoke to management who says the retailer should not have sold me the fridge yet their rep was the one telling them to. I am now stuck between these two, the manufacturer and the retailer trying to get someone to honor the warranty and fix the fridge. What recourse do I have?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I purchased a fridge 4 months ago from a major national retailer. At the time of purchase the Manufacturer's rep was in the store and telling the retailer what floor models to sell. I purchased one of those floor models and was assured that the fridge was under warranty. Now 4 months later the fridge is not cooling properly and when the manufacturer sent a tech out he noticed a sticker in the fridge that states it was a floor model and not available for resale. He says the fridge is not under warranty. I have called the manufacturer and spoke to management who says the retailer should not have sold me the fridge yet their rep was the one telling them to. I am now stuck between these two, the manufacturer and the retailer trying to get someone to honor the warranty and fix the fridge. What recourse do I have?
Sue the bad guy(s) in small claims court.

BL

Or, if you can wait ,file a complaint your local Office Of Attorney General's consumer affairs.They have the right contacts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">