• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased 60/60 warranty received 48/48

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debbiekia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY, I purchased a used vehicle in Oct/2009 from a dealership. Part of the deal was suppose to be the extended warranty was included. I signed warranty papers for 60/60 with Easy Care and i have a copy. Shame on me I didn't review the paperwork before i signed, this warranty cost me over $3,000, so the warranty I purchased was 60/60 with Easy Care. I went to have my vehicle serviced in Mar/2010 at the dealership and explained i was having a problem with my truck (electrical). I was told i had to take it to the dealership the sells my specific brand (Land Rover). I called the warranty company that i had signed a contract with and they had no record of me or my vehicle. I went to the individual who sold me the contract and he told me he had to change companies. He told me I had to come back in a day or so and he would have the new contract for me, by this point i am not happy. This particular dealership will tell you anything you want to hear. I picked up the contract and took it home and review it, I have not signed it yet there is a signature there(not mine), looking over the contract it is for 48/48 with 48/48 with Premier Essential and not the 60/60 with Easy Care as I originally purchased and signed for. I call and spoke to another person who said he was going to fix the problem for me. I am still waiting, numerous calls and nothing. I finally called the dealerships head quarters and they gave me the owners name so I can get this issue resolved. I have tried to reach the owner many times and have left a message,still nothing. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do next. There are many ways to go (Better Business Beau, Consumers Affairs, Small Claims Court, etc.) I have been very patient and have not bashed the dealership or the people the work there. I am trying to be as civil as possible.
So to clarify my story above I signed a contract and paid for 60/60 with Easy Care and the dealership changed the company and the length of the contract without my authorization or signature to 48/48 with Premier Essential. Sorry I wasn't clear, any advice? Can someone please advise.

Last edited:

swalsh411

this warranty cost me over $3,000, so the warranty I purchased was 60/60.
I'm not following you. Just because you paid $X doesn't mean you got any given warranty. The dealer can charge whatever they think a customer will pay for a warranty.

You're not entirely clear on what you received in writing (which is all that matters) says. What is on what you signed? Were you told it was one thing but then after you signed and reviewed the paperwork you discovered it was something else?

It could be that the dealership will make it right in time. The BBB has no teeth.

debbiekia

Clarification

I'm not following you. Just because you paid $X doesn't mean you got any given warranty. The dealer can charge whatever they think a customer will pay for a warranty.

You're not entirely clear on what you received in writing (which is all that matters) says. What is on what you signed? Were you told it was one thing but then after you signed and reviewed the paperwork you discovered it was something else?

It could be that the dealership will make it right in time. The BBB has no teeth.
I signed and paid for 60/60 with Easy Care and the dealership changed the company and the length of the contract without my authorization or signature to 48/48 with Premier Essential. Sorry I wasn't clear, any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">