• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used false identity during traffic stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

getmine1200

A relative of mine was pulled over for a minor traffic violation in my car. Note: He and another relative are the only ones in the car. When the officer asked him for his drivers license and registration, he gave the officer the registration for the car but told the officer that he didn't have his license with him. Instead of giving the officer his name, he turned around and used my name, address, date of birth, etc. The officer in turn issued him a citation and ordered him to appear in court to show proof of i.d. The court date came and he didn't appear before the judge. Not even knowing that all of this took place, I get a letter
in the mail from XXXXXX City Hall saying that a warranty has
been issued for my arrest, for failing to appear in court. I had nothing to do with this, other than the fact that I let my relative use my vehicle. I'm trying to fight this but I have no idea on what type of lawyer to hire or how can
I prove to the judge that the person that was supposed to appear in court wasn't me. If anyone reading this can give
some info or advise on how to handle this situation, please
email me or reply to this message.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">