• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About a company name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justdatdude

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Chicago, IL

What if you use a name that trade marked within your the name of your company. example Lime Wire is trade marked they are a p2p file software company what if I were to make a company weblimewire or limewiresearch which is a online search engine. It's NOT a file sharing software(Lime Wire) it simply a search engine is the industry different enough to work? and since the name isn't exactly the same is it legal if i wanted to trademark it?

FlyingRon

Can you repeat that question in English?

Are you asking if you can use someone else's tradename for an unrelated business? Not if it is going to lead to confusion or, as if you started using LimeWire, be diluting someone else's famous mark.

justdatdude

Can you repeat that question in English?

Are you asking if you can use someone else's tradename for an unrelated business? Not if it is going to lead to confusion or, as if you started using LimeWire, be diluting someone else's famous mark.
what if its similar such as web lime wire company or web live wire company
i did a trademark search and its not register but still how does that stand? If i use the full name "web live wire company" or "web lime wire company"

i ask because delta airlines and delta hotels are both trademarked. Both are different companies but in the same industry. I just wonder why would mine be a conflict and not theirs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">